The Uganda Alliance to End Child Marriage started in January 2013 and became an official Girls Not Brides National Partnership in July 2016. Girls Not Brides Uganda has over 50 members across Uganda working at community, district, regional and national level.
Girls Not Brides Uganda participated in and provided inputs to the national strategy to end child marriage and teenage pregnancies, led by the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MoGLSD).
Girls Not Brides Uganda has also been conducting a national campaign on implementing SDG Target 5.3 on ending child marriage, and has held a number of national dialogues to track government commitments towards ending child marriage and teenage pregnancies.
The Alliance is currently having membership of 60 organizations from all regions of Uganda. You can learn more about these organizations by checking out the list of the members.
How to Join the Alliance
You can join the alliance by completing the Membership Application Forms and thereafter submit to
- Girls Not Brides Uganda
- C/O Joy for Children-Uganda
- Plot 349, Nsimbiwome, Bukoto
- After Victory Church Ntinda and BidandiSsali’s
- People’s Progressive Party (PPP) Headquarters.
- P.O Box 15383, Clock Tower
- Telephone: +256-414-380 417 | +256-414-530 450
- Mobile: +256 703 653 233 | +256 712 982 301
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to get application forms
Together We are stronger. #Endchildmarriage